About this website
Purpose and management policy
ORiN Consortium has launched and manages this website for the introduction of ORiN to those who are interested in the product, and for the distribution to ORiN Consortium members of materials and software related to ORiN, and for other related purposes. This website plays a pivotal role in the activities of ORiN Consortium. To facilitate the widespread use and growth of ORiN in the future, we will use this website to provide a wide audience of people in relevant positions with easily comprehensible and up-to-date information, materials, specifications, software, etc.
Conditions of use
- ■Agreement to the conditions of use
- The following conditions of use (hereinafter referred to as the "Conditions of Use") are applied to the services provided to users by ORiN Consortium (hereinafter referred to as the "Consortium") via its website (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"). The Consortium may revise the Conditions of Use on an as-needed basis without notification to users of the website.
- The Consortium provides users of the website with materials, including specifications and technical information, and means of access to software, etc. for application development (hereinafter referred to as the "Services"), via the Website. The Services are subject to the Conditions of Use.
- ■Handling of materials
- Users of the website may not change, copy, distribute, transmit, display, show, duplicate, publish, produce a derivative work of, transfer or sell any of the materials, information or software obtained through the Services; provided, however, that ORiN Consortium members are allowed to reproduce part of ORiN specifications on approval of a prior application.
- ■Protection of personal information
- For the disclosure of information on the collection and use of information on users of the website, see "About personal information."
- ■Notes on software available on the Website
The copyrights of all of the software provided for download in the Services (hereinafter referred to as the "Software") shall be owned by the Japan Robot Association, to which the Consortium belongs. The use of the Software is subject to the terms of the licensing agreement attached to the Software or displayed prior to the download. Users of the website may install the Software with the licensing agreement included, only on condition that they agree to the terms of the agreement.
The Software is provided for download on the condition that users of the website use it in compliance with the licensing agreement. Any duplication or redistribution of the Software that does not follow the licensing agreement is banned by law and violation of this requirement may lead to civil or criminal penalties. Unless the licensing agreement attached to the Software grants reduplication or redistribution rights, the copying or duplication of the Software to other servers or locations for reduplication or redistribution is prohibited.
The Software may contain errors and may be modified on an as-needed basis without prior notification to users of the website
(Warranty and responsibility)
The warranty for the Software is limited to the scope mentioned in the licensing agreement. The Consortium shall not give any warranty other than the provisions of the warranty in the licensing agreement. The Consortium shall assume no responsibility under any circumstances for any direct or indirect damage arising from or related to the use of the services provided in the Services
- ■Notes on information obtained from the Website
- The information provided in the Services (hereinafter referred to as the "Information") may contain technical errors, typographical errors, omissions, etc. and may be modified on an as-needed basis. The Consortium shall not give any guarantee on the accuracy or adequacy of the Information, its fitness for any specific purpose, etc. The Consortium shall assume no responsibility under any circumstances for any direct or indirect damage arising from or related to the use of the information provided in the Services.
- ■Notes on the services obtained from the Website
- The Consortium shall assume no responsibility under any circumstances for any direct or indirect damage arising from or related to the use of the services provided in the Services.
- ■Management of member IDs and passwords
- Access to specific information requires a prior application for membership of the Consortium to register a member ID (user name) and password (the member ID and password are collectively referred to as the "Account"). The entire responsibility for the confidentiality of the Account of an ORiN Consortium member (Member) shall be borne by the Member. The Member shall agree to notify the Consortium of any unauthorized use of the user name of the Member and any breach of confidentiality immediately. The Consortium shall bear no responsibility for any damage to the Member caused by the use of the Account by a third party, whether or not the Member is aware of this. However, the Member may incur responsibility for damage to the Consortium or others caused by the use of the Member's Account by a third party. The Member shall not use the Account of a third party.
- ■Prohibition of illegal or prohibited uses
- Users of the website shall not use the Services for illegal purposes or other purposes prohibited under the conditions mentioned herein. Users of the website shall not take any action that inhibits the operation of the Services, including (but not limited to) any action that causes the server of the Consortium or the network connected to the server of the Consortium to become unusable and any action that places excessive loads on the server or take any action that may inhibit the use of the Services by others. Users of the website shall not attempt unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts or computer systems or networks to which the Services or the server of the Consortium is connected by hacking, password theft or other means. Users of the website shall not obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials other than the resources and information that are explicitly specified as being accessible to users of the website. In the event that any of these illegal or prohibited acts is detected or it is judged that any illegal or prohibited act will take place, the situation will be reported to the authority promptly. In this case, notwithstanding the provision above, personal information and equivalent information may be released pursuant to an instruction of the authority.
- ■Links to third party websites
- While for the convenience of users of the website, the Website provides links to websites organized by individuals and groups other than the Consortium, this does not constitute a recommendation by the Consortium of the linked websites. The Consortium shall bear no responsibility for the content of the websites linked to the Website or information sent from the linked websites.
- ■Copyright notice
- © 2003 Japan Robot Association.
Any reference to the company names and product names appearing on the Website includes the trademarks of the relevant companies.
About links to ORiN Consortium
If you wish to link to the website of ORiN Consortium, you are free to add a link on any website, including commercial and non-commercial websites and intranet sites, as long as you comply with the "Conditions for adding a link" below.
- ■Conditions for adding a link
- · The linked URL should be https://www.orin.jp/. Please do not add a direct link to other pages of this website.
· Please state the correct title of the Consortium, "ORiN Consortium", whenever you add a link.
· Please set up the link so that it will open and display in a new window.
· While there is no need to obtain prior approval to add a link, please inform us that the link has been added.
- ■A link is not permitted on any website described below:
- · The website contains defamation of the activities of the Consortium, etc. or any content that could damage confidence in the Consortium.
· The website has illegal content or is involved or likely to become involved in illegal activities.
- ■Other precautions
- · The Consortium will bear no responsibility for any complaints, claims, etc. from third parties related to a link to the website of the Consortium.
· Content and URL on the website of the Consortium may be changed or deleted without prior notice.
· We may not be able to meet a demand to cross-link a website with the website of the Consortium.